Review // Juicytox UK

                                              Review // Juicytox UK                                                  





As you well know, I have documented my weight loss journey for a while now. I am not one to follow fad diets, I believe in healthy eating and moving more – it is the only thing that has ever worked for me. However, when I was approached by Juicytox and asked if I wanted to give juicing a go I couldn’t refuse. Juicing is something that a lot of people have been talking about recently, it is not only the perfect detox but also the new ‘kickstart’ to your weightloss journey. Juicytox is a Sussex run business providing a 4 day detox. The juices are freshly made with ingredients such as, Celery, Spinach, Kale, Cucumber, Apple, Lemon, Beetroot, Carrot, Orange and Ginger. You drink these regularly throughout the day, as well as completing your day with a nice cup of detox tea. 

Your day is as follows:

8am Hot lemon water
10am Green
1pm Orange
4pm Green
7pm Beetroot
9pm Detox tea 
You also must drink 2ltrs of lemon water throughout the day.


If you’re a food addict like me, you will find it hard. However, it usually is mind over matter and if you are stubborn and persevere you will reap the rewards! You have a mixture of green, orange and red juice. Orange was by far my favourite and I looked forward to 1pm. I am a big water drinker and always carry around a large pink sports bottle that I fill up throughout the day, so making sure I drunk enough water was not a problem for me. If this is a problem for you, a tip I have picked up along the way is to buy a litre bottle of Evian and write the times of the day on there ie. 9am 10am 11am – make yourself drink the water up to the time of day. Giving yourself a challenge is a great way to ensure you do it – who wants to lose to a water bottle!?!?


I am a food lover, and I find nothing more satisfying than having a munch on my favourite foods. I am also a gym bunny, going to the gym around 4 times a week. Taking part in Juicytox’s 4 day detox meant I had to give this up. Going to the gym is not advised by Juicytox as your energy levels will be expectantly lower. However naughty old me did still go the gym (I’m an addict, oops). However, I took my level down and listened to my body. I found that this didn’t cause me too many problems – yes, my energy levels were slightly lower than usual but I had no problems finishing an hours workout.

Now for the results...

Everyone’s body is completely different, and the way it works is completely malleable to your lifestyle. I am quite an active person, I walk everywhere and am always on my feet. This did mean I found Juicytox particularly hard. This however was soon outweighed when I began to see results.
I have a big problem with lactose and white carbs. I swell up to the size of a balloon and look like I am 7 months pregnant (not attractive). In my daily diet I try to stay away from these food groups – but who can resist a bread roll and a bar of choccy sometimes? Juicytox reduced my bloating by 100% - My belly was finally flat!! I was very impressed with these results.

In terms of measurements, over the 4 days I lost a total of just under 6lbs – a great loss. All together this equated to 1 inch around my belly and just under an inch around my waist. However, about a week later I did find that I put these back on very quickly. I wasn’t surprised by this however, as even though I do live a reasonably healthy lifestyle, I deprived my body of food and as soon as I gave it what it wanted it grabbed a hold! The most important benefits it beheld however for me personally, did not lie in the weightloss. Though weightloss is a huge component to juicing, it is the cleansing and detoxifying experience that lies at its forefront. These benefits were shown from not only my decreased bloating but my skin as well. I have never had problem skin only the odd spot. However, I did find my complexion had brightened up and any blemishes/spots I did have were clearing nicely. This is supported my Juicytox who state that weight isn’t the only benefit of a juicing detox. Juicytox claims that those who have completed Juicytox experience:

- Weight loss  
- Improved energy levels
- Felt less sluggish
- Concentration levels were better
- Healthier hair and nails
- Stronger immune system
- Skin felt better
- More determined

I must say, I agree with all of the benefits and I experienced them all to some extent. Especially determination: like I said, it is mind of matter, and if you can prove to yourself that you can do it; you really can do anything! I was very impressed by many aspects of Juicytox.. I would do the detox again, only if it was prior to going on holiday or an event in which I wanted to look good. I would also do it if I had over indulged – over Christmas time for example. Having an outcome to reach for and a target to look forward to would make it a lot easier.

I still do love my food, and though my affair with Juicytox was 4 days long it was a successful one. Have you tried juicing before?

Fancy having a juicy affair?

Tweet them: @juicytox

Find them online: www.juicytox.co.uk

Email them: juicytox@live.co.uk


Sophie Lowe xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey!

    How's you? I found your blog whilst I was looking for some blogs to read on Bloglovin. I found this post really interesting! It's something I had never considered doing but actually a detox sounds like a really good idea and something that I think I would benefit from!

    Sarah xx

    www.thingssarahloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

I read and reply to everyone of your comments! Thanks for putting a smile on my face :D